Saturday 15 August 2009

royal birthday

Today is Princess Anne's 59th birthday, HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANNE. I only have 2 souvenirs for Anne but the sampler is very special, beautifully hand embroidered to commemorate her birth in 1950 it includes a poem by Patience Strong. I bought it on ebay about 2 years ago and I was the only bidder so it was not expensive. The plate, bought at a local antique fair is from the marriage in 1973 of Anne and Mark Phillips. I was living in London at the time and their wedding was the first royal parade I had seen, loved it so much I have been back many times for major royal events.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Anne. That wedding began a lifelong obsession with royal parades!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic find, Sylvia! I had no idea such items were produced for the Royal Children back then. This reminds me of when I was about 10 years old, and discovered that Anne was only a year or so younger than me. I already had a few penpals, but decided it would be fun to write to a princess, so I wrote to Anne and asker her if she would be my penfriend...I don't recall receiving a reply!

    ReplyDelete