Friday 18 December 2009

My 100th Post and it is ROYAL

By far the most expensive item in my collection is this beautiful figurine of the Queen made for her Golden Jubilee in 2002. Made by Royale Stratford in Staffodshire England it is hand made and hand painted and No.56 in a limited edition of 500. I bought it in Sydney, just one of those HAD TO HAVE items, almost afraid to take it out if it's display cabinet to photograph-safely back now.
The statue is shown on a coronation tablecloth.
A very pretty sampler made for the Queen's Silver Jubilee in 1977, hand embroidered on linen it is displayed on a Nottingham lace Silver Jubilee runner.

One of my favourite samplers because it shows the GOLD COACH which I love so much. Made for the coronation in 1953 the last 2 lines of the poem pictured were quoted by our then Prime Minister Robert Menzies when the Queen visited Australia in 1954.


I was lucky to win this sampler on ebay as it is so unusual and very well hand embroidered, there was a similar one up for auction at the same time made for the Festival of Britain in 1951 but I had to let that one go.



My 100th post (who said it wouldn't last) and it is all about the 3 major events in the reign of Queen Elizabeth II. Starting with her Coronation, then her Silver and Golden Jubilee. I hope the be in London for the Diamond Jubilee in 2012, less than 3 years to go now so I'm sure plans are well under way for the celebrations. I was there for the Golden Jubilee and it was so exciting..... I have lots more samplers and embroideries to show so please come back.
Charlotte and Emily wanted to be on the 100th post but I said no (well that was a rare event, even I am shocked I said no to them) but the next few posts will be ROYAL




5 comments:

  1. Wow!!! what a great posting, QEII looks great with the backdrop and samplers impressive. Keep up the good work & looking forward to more .....

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful samplers!! That is amazing work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My darling I wish you and yours all the joy, love, hope, blessings, peace, laughter, miracles, good health and boundless wealth during this holiday season and always.

    Love & Hugs
    Duchess

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on 100 posts! The statue of the Queen is beautiful, glad to see she made it safely back into the cabinet without Charlotte and Emily getting too close. Looking forward to more lovely Linens and Royals, there is still a while till 2012.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sylvia, its mind boggling. So much work and so much time and patience.
    The horse and carriage are great. You must have very good eye sight.
    All the best for 2012.

    ReplyDelete