Wednesday 2 January 2013

Coronation and Apron Embroideries and Jubilee Cosy

 Still working busily on my Diamond Jubilee projects and trying to catch up on the weeks of stitching lost waiting for my broken elbow to heal.
Gina in Melbourne found this tea cosy pattern for me. Thank you Gina. I am not really a knitter but I hope I can finish this project. The cosy looks easier to stitch than the previous pattern I showed. I bought the wool from the U.K as I couldn't find it here and wanted the exact wool stated. Hope I can show this cosy finished by the end of this year.
 Started my Bothy Threads Kings and Queens, still a very long way to go. I still have Kate and William wedding projects to finish and I'm sure there will be baby samplers to stitch.
Another big royal year this year, Kate and William's baby. Also the 60th anniversary of the Coronation in June, sure to be souvenirs for that occasion.
Ruth over at Brit Samplers alerted me to these 1937 Coronation cushion covers. They are expertly embroidered, they are only small and I think I will frame them. I don't have space for all the cushions I have and don't want Charlotte and Emily sleeping on them.
 My latest 1953 Coronation tablecloth bought on Ebay. All four corners are the same and it's a large cloth. I was surprised I won this as it was a bargain.
 Haven't added much to my apron collection lately and was surprised no one else bid on this pretty apron. I have another very nice apron coming and is already in the post so will be able to show it soon.
As I said above this is another special Royal year so my Jubilee bunting must stay put for another year.....or even forever!!!

6 comments:

  1. I am happy for you that you can stitch again !! It would be the same for me if I couldn't take pictures, paint or type !
    I am still in France in the sunshine !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it fun to think a new little Royal baby will soon be here. Wishing them many blessings.

    Happy New Year to you and the girls!!
    xo Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see you are hard at 'work' again. Looking forward to seeing more of your beautiful creations and purchases.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wishing you a wonderful 2013, Sylvia !
    And hugs to Emily and Charlotte :-)
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that tea cozy...it's so sweet:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have fun stitching and crafting your royality stuff in 2013 too :)

    Love your decorated room!

    ReplyDelete