Friday 1 March 2013

Doll House Now Renovated

Remember the old doll house I bought at the OP shop a few weeks. Finished at last.
 Same little house now with windows and a new floor in the attic to make a bedroom. Carpet in the bedroom and living room and lino for kitchen and bathroom. Amazing what paint and wallpaper will do and curtains for the windows. The house is a bit small for 1/12 scale but the furniture is all 1/12 scale and fits well enough.
The living room has a wallpaper frieze, I ran out of wallpaper after a few mistakes.
I did promise to donate this house back to the OP shop when finished. Now I want to keep it, I love it so much. I'm going to compromise, I will keep it for another week to admire then it must go. I don't have the space to keep it or the funds to furnish it. The furniture in the house now belongs to one of the 2 doll houses I've kept and won't be given away with the house. I still have the large 6 room doll house that's been waiting for months to be decorated and moved on so I'll soon forget this one when I give it up.
I like the outside grey and white colours, I bought the grey paint months ago on special then wondered what I was going to do with it. Perfect for this house.

11 comments:

  1. Looks great, well done. I like that cosy little sitting room, I could move in. I can see why you would like to keep this renovation rescue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another beautiful renovation. Good idea putting that extra floor in, makes better use of the space. Love all the furniture and glad that is not being given away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's beautiful I could move in right away (but first I have to shrink) No wonder that you hesitate to give it away ! You did a great job !

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is lovely and cosy. I wouldn't want to part with it either. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such joy a doll house brings. It takes me back to many happy thoughts. Lovely.
    xo Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a difference a little TLC makes:) I love dollhouses...I have a few myself.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so lovely. Love that staircase and toilet in the attic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your dollhouse so much ♥

    I can see you had a lot of fun renewing it !

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't believe it - ANOTHER dolls house in your opshop? Who are these people up your way who have so many? We have never had one at all at our opshop, and I've never seen one at any of the others I visit. Maybe I'm not looking in the right spot; I don't usually look at the area where kids toys are.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi. I'm looking at renovating once very very similar to this for my daughter. I also picked mine up at the Opshop for only $8. I've just been thinking about the new colour scheme and pulled out the existing real (red) carpet. I'm wondering what to replace it with - or how to nicely paint/present the floors. What did you use on yours?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bunning's have huge rolls of carpet very cheap, half a meter or less will give you more than enough. Cut to size and use lots of glue. You will also be able to buy just one or two lino tiles for kitchen and bathroom. Try to buy sample paint pots while you are at Bunnings My wallpaper came from op shops. Furniture from China via eBay. Good Luck

    ReplyDelete